Aims of the workshop: to encourage interdisciplinary communication and collaboration of linguists, musicians and IT-specialists in the sphere of some actual problems, among which are the following:
1. Language and music acquisition; influence of music skills on language acquisition and language processing; influence of linguistic skills on music acquisition; relationship between music and language training.
17-19 April 2017, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
2. Linguistic and music knowledge, their structure and functioning; explicit and implicit knowledge of music and language; similarities and differences in understanding of music and language.
3. Automatic classification of linguistic and music knowledge; formal models of linguistic and music knowledge; musical information retrieval vs. linguistic information retrieval.
This year special topics of the workshop are:
- Formal representation of language and music: differences and similarities
- Sound corpora in music and linguistics
Languages of the conference: Russian & English (some sessions will be simultaneously translated)
Submission deadline: November 27, 2016.
Selected revised (double-blind review) papers will be published in the Springer’s Communications in Computer and Information Science series
and some selected revised papers in Russian will be published in a special issue of online scientific journal “Philosophy and Humanities in Information Society” (included into Russian Science Citation Index).
Additional information and Call for Papers may be found on the event web page http://lmac.hf-guap.ru/ENG/index.html